Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Strade - DPS Warrior - Fury/Arms

Icarit
    Icarit
    Raider
    Raider

Strade - DPS Warrior - Fury/Arms Empty Strade - DPS Warrior - Fury/Arms

Post  Icarit Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:54 am

A. Basic Information

Name: James
    Time zone: EST
    Tell us a little about yourself.
    I'm a laid back person, who has schedule and course load that compliments hardcore raiding, which I was very much attuned to in BC.

How long have you played WoW? Launch of BC.
    Total time on this character? ~100 played days
    Do you intend to play long term? Yes.

B. System Information

What are your system specs? AMD Dual Core 5600 X2, 4 GiGs, ATI Radeon 4850 512mb.
    Do you have any disconnection problem at all? Never unless it's the server (Lothar).
    Average Latency while raiding? ~120ms
    Average FPS in raid during a boss? 50-55 FPS.

C. Raiding and Character information

1. Character Name | Spec | Class

Strade | Fury 18/53 -- Arms 57/14 | Warrior

2. Are you exalted with Sons of Hodir or a Scribe?

Yep.

3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? Specify if in a leadership role.

Just as a preface, I would have it known that the main reason I'm applying is to have experience in hardmodes and heroic modes to be challenged as well as I was in Sunwell. KC seems to have extreme difficulty even beginning (coordination issues: IE ranged being hit by shadowcrashes regularily). Please bare in mind I'm a fast learner, geometrically and spatially aware player, and conceptually thinking person.

Pre-BC: None during Vanilla.

BC: Up to and including pre-nerf M'uru. My BC raiding toon was not my warrior, however. I did raid on my warrior through TK/SSC/Hyjal. For a regular spot in progression I was pigeonholed into playing on my tree (Hucamu) currently in "Dark Fist" to keep in touch with friends [my brother also plays it]. As I raided hardcore on my main, however, my love for the warrior class outshined and I ended up leading ZA Bear timers to get bears on both toons [also selling them], and with my return to the game mid-way through Wrath, I officially made this my main.

WotLK: All except OS25 3D, and Uld 25 HM outside of IC, XT, Hodir, FL4. [The issue with OS25 3D is a result of a late entrance to WotLK as described earlier - with which guild participation in it stopped with Uld's release - I have done OS10 3D both the normal and zerg method].

4. Provide an armory link to your character:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&n=Strade

5. You will need a lot of consumables to keep up with the pace during progression raids. Do you have the will and time to put in enough effort to keep an adequate amount?

Yep.

6. Will you come to a progression raid having already read any available information relevant to encounters?

Yep.

7. Post a WWS report / Wow Meter Online of a three recent raids in your guild. This is REQUIRED for ALL applicants.

- Latest Uld 25 http://wowwebstats.com/4ixelubh4rggs?s=490991-518839
    - IC Hard kill with other Uld 25 http://wowwebstats.com/pcbvxa5zhal5m?s=607907-640765
    - An overlap of the same day as the last one from WMO (showing ToC, WWS doesn't) http://www.wowmeteronline.com//combat/log/992875 - note in many of these attempts I'm usually the top melee. (Save 1 I believe)

*Please note on the second parse on XT was selected for lightbombs and gravity bombs 5 times, and for Auriaya, was watching Aggro so held back.

8. Post a screenshot of your UI while in a raid environment (in combat). (Give a list of any relevant addons not shown.)

I am currently away from my home computer, and will put up a screenshot when able to later this week. However, I do use the default WoW UI while keeping my Omen and Recount small and to the side. I don't bother with non-raiding addons and I do have DBM and Ora2 for assist targets.

The only other ones I use in addition to those mentioned are: 1) EventAlert (to notify me of Slam, Execute, or Overpower Procs) which hover right over my character at max camera distance, 2) OmniCC (CD's over Skill Icons), 3) Tellmewhen (shows me when my trinkets proc for when to use deathwish - right under event alert proc area), 4) A variant of omni CC that shows the remainig debuff time (Mainly for rend...also positioned over the icon).
    Essentially, there is little clutter, and my UI is very simplistic, clean and efficient. My hotbar is the default WoW one with:

Ctl1: Cleave, Ctl2: Bloodrage/Berserker Rage, Ctl3: Pummel, Ctl4: Slam, Ctl5: Sunder
    1 Whirlwind, 2 Bloothirst, 3 Execute, 4 HS, 5 Intercept

For arms, it is very similar, with different skills.

D. Dual Spec

1. What is your off-spec? Arms.

2. What is your gear for your off-spec?

The remaining hunter's don't need the Anub 25 Polearm. If I pick that up in the near future my Arms spec will be VERY competitive. The majority of the gear I use now is applicable to Arms.

3. Are you willing to change your main spec and/or secondary spec for guild needs?

Definately.

E. Professions

1. What are your professions? JC/BS

2. If you have a gathering profession, what is stopping you from dropping it for a profession that benefits your stats more?

N/A.

F. Other Questions

1. What is your guild History?

With my "WoW career" I was originally on Argent Dawn in BC, in a guild known as The Renamed (as a tree). 4/5 of the way through, leadership fell apart and Squirrelbane was created (part of the raid group known as MoK). I left the game due to personal reasons at this point, but was invovled with a pre-nerf Muru kill (not KJ). Currently, my return to the server in March lead me to find only a handful of remaining friends in either guild - [both SB and TRN are current successes on AD, with TRN having earned Algalon 25 and Death's Demise]. With no spot available, my cousin and I transfered to Lothar (in March) in hopes of finding a similar raid group.

I am currently an intricate part of KC's Melee DPS.

2. Why are you leaving your current guild?

Kindred Chaos, has undergone many personel changes, and the lack of consistency in leaderships' enforcement of rules, sliping recruitment standards, and "ranged dps slack" in the raid over the last few months prevents the guild from progressing into heroics/hardmodes beyond IC/Heartbreaker/Hodir/FL4 having only accomplished Freya +1 and Yogg +3 outside of the ones mentioned (discounting other "easy" meta's like disarmed, stokin' the furnace, etc.)

In addition, loot seems to be mishandled with underperforming players hording DKP from Vanilla essentially "taking" items from performing players. I'm no drama queen, a game is a game and pixels are pixels, I don't even complain outwardly about it to anyone but it's a well known issue that even gets joked about by in raids. If it means I get no loot or have to sit out for a few weeks but it means I'll be surrounded by a solid, adaptive, creative, responsible, dedicated and skilled group of 24 people then I'll gladly take this option. This however, isn't the case with KC 25 man's.

3. Do you play actively outside of raiding?

Without sounding "cocky" my time as a student and personal life encompasses a deep social life. With that said, I currently only log on for the daily heroic, VoA and dailies to support me potions/flasks. Otherwise I usually tend to log in for raids only.

4. Are you able to take and improve upon harsh criticism?

Please, I think it's what made me a decent player!

5. There will be Bench time. Everyone will have to sit at one point in time or another. Are you okay with this?

Fine with me.

6. Why are you interested in joining Reign?

Essentially, Reign seems to have the level of committment and capability that rivals that of my old guild on Argent Dawn - where a tight roster with smart players worried about content trumps anything else. I also know some chill players in there: Roundhere (lol), Rocco are some examples.

7. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content. Does your level of play decline during the farm period?

From me you should expect a maximized performance relative to my gear DPS wise, a utility provider (shattering throw, sunders), high attendence, no attitude, and committment. Also, a player that knows how to stay alive AND DPS at the same time. I theorycraft in my downtime as a hobby. If "farm" is something as brainless and blowing through Naxx, I might not try as hard. J\K! In all seriousness, I have this edge that wants to be one of the better DPS (while staying alive) in such a way I carry my character through content like a pro. I'll pop that flask for the last 20 minutes, I'll take advantages for maximum DPS time etc.

Progression is important for me, mainly because experiencing the content, and recieving loot from hard content is more rewarding than wiping on easy content, getting loot and wiping on the same fight again next week; all while seeing the same loot....this is currently where KC is. Sadly, progression has almost come to a halt.

Sorry for the long app Icarit, I look forward to hearing from you favorably. I understand if you cannot accept me for a Melee DPS role or even as a DPS warrior moreso. I saw your Lothar realm post, I saw DPS Warriors and I applied. I don't know how up to date it is or not, but to have a chance at joining Reign is well worth the effort. If you feel I would be an asset to your guild I will gladly accept.
    Axekilla
    Raider
    Raider

Strade - DPS Warrior - Fury/Arms Empty Re: Strade - DPS Warrior - Fury/Arms

Post  Axekilla Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:56 pm

if only we didn't have 1439529345 warriors atm. maybe do a class change to DK?
    Baldor
    Baldor
    Raider
    Raider

Post  Baldor Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:33 pm

Axekilla wrote:if only we didn't have 1439529345 warriors atm. maybe do a class change to DK?

more warriors imo.

need to chain shattering throw for entire fights, which would require atleast 30

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 9:02 am