Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mattymatt Holy Priest

mattymatt

Mattymatt Holy Priest Empty Mattymatt Holy Priest

Post  mattymatt Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:54 pm

1. MattyMatt, Priest, Holy

Name: Matt Hostetler
    Time zone: PST
    Tell us a little about yourself.
    I am currently a Senior at Cal State Channel Islands in California, working on my Business Degree. I am self employed working 30 hours a month. I started playing WoW because my Senior year has turned out to be easier than I thought, and I want to enjoy this freedom at this point in my life as much as possible.

How long have you played WoW? I played WoW when it first came out, for two years. I played a Holy Priest named "Carlos" on the server "Bloodscalp". I was in the best Alliance raiding guild on the server, and sparred for realm firsts with the top guild throughout MC and BWL. I participated in the server first of Lucifron, which I am proud of. The guild was called "Heavy Hitters"

After BC came out I played heavily until Karazhan was on farm, and Gruul's lair became nerfed, then due to RL circumstance quit the game. I was also pretty upset with the state of the game, and priests in general due to the talent trees at the time.

I gave my first account to a friend, who still plays it on a different server.

When I got into WoW again, my GF and I linked accounts and leveled up new characters. After leveling a Shaman, I went back to playing a priest, because it is and always will be my favorite class.

Total time on this character? 19 days, 12 hours. On my previous priest, I had over 119 days played.
    Do you intend to play long term? I intend to play at least until I graduate in May. The future beyond that is uncertain and I won't presume to guess.

B. System Information

What are your system specs? Imac 2.93ghz ATI 4850
    Do you have any disconnection problem at all? There is a bug with Snow Leopard that Bliz and apple are aware of and should be fixing soon that causes random wow crashes, once a day or so.
    Average Latency while raiding? 60-90
    Average FPS in raid during a boss? I am on Ultra-High settings and haven't noticed a drop below 30fps

C. Raiding and Character information

1. MattyMatt | Holy | Priest

2. Are you exalted with Sons of Hodir or a Scribe? I am 450 Inscription

3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? Specify if in a leadership role. On my first account I was Priest class leader for the #1 Alliance raiding guild on Bloodscalp, for the first two years of WoW

4. Provide an armory link to your character:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&n=Mattymatt

5. You will need a lot of consumables to keep up with the pace during progression raids. Do you have the will and time to put in enough effort to keep an adequate amount?
    I always maintain 20 Flasks of the frostwyrm on me, as well as 20 flasks of Mojo

6. Will you come to a progression raid having already read any available information relevant to encounters? Yes

7. Post a WWS report / Wow Meter Online of a three recent raids in your guild. This is REQUIRED for ALL applicants. I will add this later tonight.

9. Post a screenshot of your UI while in a raid environment (in combat). (Give a list of any relevant addons not shown.)
    I will add this later tonight

D. Dual Spec

1. What is your off-spec? Shadow

2. What is your gear for your off-spec? GS 4530

3. Are you willing to change your main spec and/or secondary spec for guild needs? Yes

E. Professions

1. What are your professions? Inscription / Herbalism both 450

2. If you have a gathering profession, what is stopping you from dropping it for a profession that benefits your stats more? I plan on getting enchanting once I have a very large bank full of Icethorn

F. Other Questions

1. What is your guild History? On Lothar I have been in "Some Assembly Required" and I am currently in "the Killers of Darkness"

2. Why are you leaving your current guild? KoD is a 10 man raiding guild that is trying to be a 25 raiding guild, and the leadership has been losing control because of this. They are also not focused on progressing, and although I really like many of the characters I have met, I am ready to move on.

3. Do you play actively outside of raiding? I put in a few hours a day above the time I spend raiding. This is for farming, mats, and the heroic daily.

4. Are you able to take and improve upon harsh criticism? Yes

5. There will be Bench time. Everyone will have to sit at one point in time or another. Are you okay with this? Yes

6. Why are you interested in joining Reign? In addition to being in a top raiding guild again, with my skill level I need to be around peers of equal or better level in order to improve. Only a high end raiding guild will get me their.

7. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content. Does your level of play decline during the farm period? I am generally quiet on vent, I listen and do what I am told. I spend time helping and critiquing others of my class. If I see something that I think will benefit the raid I have no problem speaking up, however I usually run any ideas by the leader via whisper to reduce communication clutter.

I don't mind farming, I get what I need and can even provide a bit more. The farming in WoTLK is nothing compared to what it used to be in classic / BC

G. Please complete these questions if you are applying as a healer.

1. What do you view as your primary role as a healer, specific to your class? Healing is the glue that makes an raid successful, therefore I consider myself to be the difference between success and a wipe. My spec allows me to be an excellent raid healer, and I make it happen.

2. What stats do you feel are most important when selecting, gemming, or enchanting your gear and why? Spellpower for throughput, Crit for talent bonuses and Haste for speed. I pursue items in this order, although Regen is important. I have never had an issue with regen, generally having around 400 during casting.

3. What are the strengths and weaknesses of your class from a healing perspective? We wear cloth, and therefore are very squishy.

4. What do you like/dislike most about healing? Personally after having played this game for so long, it is the most enjoyable aspect of the game for me, and I enjoy it immensely.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:12 pm